Day 1 I play the music loud and I dance Day 2 I listen to the music riding a bike Day 3 I listen the music in the airport. 10 hours plane. Day 4 The film premiere. After party: roda de samba. And there the ritual happens. Day 5. Recording the performance. But how to perform a ritual that only happens in relation to others?
Sorry for the delay! Here is a little snippet on some of my choreographic work exploring the body as instrument...fulcrums, engines, axels...I hope you enjoy! https://youtu.be/R3HK-6CAIt0
Day 1 I play the music loud and I dance Day 2 I listen to the music riding a bike Day 3 I listen the music in the airport. 10 hours plane. Day 4 The film premiere. After party: roda de samba. And there the ritual happens. Day 5. Recording the performance. But how to perform a ritual that only happens in relation to others? https://vimeo.com/758533342 password: bodypolitics
hi all, sorry it took me some time to transcribe my ritual notes. . . i may make an audio recording if that's something people are interested in or helpful. xchip --------- movement/drawing exercise - wave formation have nearby: pencil and paper, water, 36 sq. ft of ground/floor - face a westward wall - find a comfortable standing position - feel gravity pool in your traps - the weight of your pelvic floor - sense the space behind you - sense the space in front of you - sense the space above your head_ up into space - turn your head from side to side - bend your knees a bit - listen to your breath - find the balls of your feet - press your toes into the floor - release your toes - let your tail bone fall - feel your spine extend - focus your sense of gravity in the balls of your feet - bend your knees a fews times - lets your arms hang - find your balance - draw your heels off the ground slightly - let your heels down - draw them up - let them down ...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletePractice # 2
DeleteDay 1
I play the music loud and I dance
Day 2
I listen to the music riding a bike
Day 3
I listen the music in the airport. 10 hours plane.
Day 4
The film premiere. After party: roda de samba. And there the ritual happens.
Day 5.
Recording the performance. But how to perform a ritual that only happens in relation to others?
https://vimeo.com/758533342
password: bodypolitics